05 July, 2005

a floating caravan


The Noelex 22 is a trailer yacht with a retractable keel. It can be used as a floating caravan for a small family. Inside the cabin is a double berth and two other single berths. If necessary a boom tent can be erected over the cockpit for two teen agers sleeping under the stars in summer. I use my boat mostly for exploring the many lakes in NZ. 

The largest is Taupo, the size of Singapore. This lake was a huge volcano crater filled with underground spring water. I dropped anchor one time and it did not reach the bottom! I had 100 metres anchor rope plus 20 metres chain. The rainbow trouts are huge and yummy. There are many free public boat ramps available for launching a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your visit and your comment.

Followers

Blogs that I follow